Announcements

The Equinix Community will be offline for scheduled maintenance on July 31, 2024. Learn More.

Discussions

Permissons Issue

Permissons Issue

API_User
Level 9

I recevved the above error while trying to add a workvisit request. I'm doing some integration testing and trying to perform some negative tests so my software is able to report failures accurately.
The error in itself is not really very informative so if anyone else who has seen this knows the cause I'd love to know!

{
    "errors": [
        {
            "code": "EQX-161-403",
            "message": "Insufficient permission to access the resource or invoke the request."
        }
    ],
    "ticketId": "190806075245093"
}
Replies 9 9

API_User
Level 9
Thanks for reaching us out for the issue you are facing with Equinix Work Visit APIs. This error is returned due to one of the following reason:

The integration user doesn't has “IBX Access Services” permission required to place Work Visit Order. Your company's portal administrator should be able to assist you to assign required permission for your user.
Please use /v1/orders/workvisit/locations API to pull the list of IBXs (Equinix Data Centers), Cages and Cabinets to which your integration user has access to. Here too your company's portal administrator will be able to assign some IBXs with “IBX Access Services” permission for your integration user.
In the Work Visit API request, please verify input data around below points:

As part of “ibxLocation” array, please pass one of the IBX and corresponding cage/cabinets returned as by /locations API. In case you are passing other IBX/Cage/Cabinet which you don’t have access to, you will receive this error.
As part of “contacts” array both “ORDERING” & “NOTIFICATIONS” contact type are required. TECHNICAL contact type is optional
As part of serviceDetails > schedule, the “startDateTime” and “endDateTime” should be future dates. The “endDateTime” cannot be more than 14 days from the provided “startDateTime”

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you are still facing issues.

Thanks,
Equinix Team

API_User
Level 9

Hi thanks for the answer but this is almot a copy and paste from an email exchange I had. It hasn't helped and I do have "IBX Access Services" permission. Also I cannot call the locations endpoint due to another error !

{
    "errorDomain": "apps-fqa",
    "errorTitle": "No resources found",
    "errorCode": "A1092",
    "developerMessage": "No Resources found",
    "errorMessage": "No Resources matching your request found in the system"
}

API_User
Level 9
Can you please share the full URL you are trying to invoke for /locations API? Its a GET call of the format - https://sandboxapi.equinix.com/v1/orders//workvisit/locations?detail=true

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you are still facing issues.

Thanks,
Equinix Team

API_User
Level 9
https://sandboxapi.equinix.com/oauth2/v1/workvisit/locations?detail=true

And now I am getting a login failure even with a fresh token.

API_User
Level 9
Ok I managed to work out the issues: The documentation is incorrect and the uri givendid not include the orders part of the path !
I'm now getting what I expect to see for the locations !
That's solved that one !
Thanks

API_User
Level 9
Its great to know the integration is working for you. Please feel free to reach out to us if you seek further assistance.

On other note, can you please share more details on your note - " The documentation is incorrect and the uri given did not include the orders part of the path !"? It will help us to improve our documentation.

Thanks,
Equinix Team

API_User
Level 9
Sure, https://developer.equinix.com/catalog/workvisitv1
The URI for the locations endpoint is incorrect.

API_User
Level 9
The integration is still not workin however, I still get insufficient permissions errors despite having all the necessary permissions.

API_User
Level 9
Its unfortunate to know you are still facing an issue with Work Visit place order API (/v1/orders/workvisit). Can you please email us your latest request packet constructed for this API call? It will help us to investigate the issue and revert back with suggestions.

Thanks,
Equinix Team