Announcements

The Equinix Community will be offline for scheduled maintenance on July 31, 2024. Learn More.

Discussions

Fail to get locations from Work Visit API

Fail to get locations from Work Visit API

API_User
Level 9

Hi all, this is the error I'm getting when calling /v1/orders/workvisit/locations

{
    "errors": [
        {
            "code": "EQX-161-500",
            "message": "The system had encountered an unexpected problem and we are tracking it with error code."
        }
    ],
    "ticketId": "201023052138751"
}

Any ideas?

Replies 7 7

API_User
Level 9
Dear User,
Thank you for your query. We looked into the issue reported by you and didn’t find any anomaly in our systems. Can you please help us in confirming below areas?

Are you facing this issue in Sandbox or Production environment?
Are you using the required API URL based on the environment?

Sandbox: GET :: https://sandboxapi.equinix.com/v1/orders/workvisit/locations?detail=true
Prod: GET :: https://api.equinix.com/v1/orders/workvisit/locations?detail=true

Are you using correct Client ID/Secret corresponding to the intended environment? Please login to Equinix Developer Platform using your Equinix Portal credentials to know your ClientID/Secret for the intended environment.

Thanks,
Equinix Developer Community

API_User
Level 9
1. I'm using sandbox, for prod it works fine.
2. Yes, I use there endpoints
3. I use correct credentials, since I'm able to an access token using this API https://developer.equinix.com/catalog/accesstokenv1

API_User
Level 9
{
    "errors": [
        {
            "code": "EQX-161-500",
            "message": "The system had encountered an unexpected problem and we are tracking it with error code."
        }
    ],
    "ticketId": "201026191303334"
}

API_User
Level 9
Dear User,
Please share your complete request URL along with the request headers for us to debug the issue further. We checked our systems and didn't find any anamoly.
Thanks,
Equinix Developer Community

API_User
Level 9
Hello, I have same issue on Sandbox. Production is OK , but receiving same error when I use Sandbox access. getting Token from accesstokenv1 was OK, but neither locations/workivisit are working. TicketID is 201030094500837 for your infomation.

API_User
Level 9
Hello there,
As you're already an API customer/user in Production and you're only getting this error in Sandbox environment, may I suggest you send a mail to api-support@equinix.com with your username for detailed analysis. Also, can i check the following:

Is this the first time you're calling an API in Sandbox environment?
Is the Production API calls made under the same username/account you're using to call Sandbox? (i.e. is the Production and Sandbox app created under the same account in developer platform)

-Equinix Developer Community

API_User
Level 9
We will just test in prod and cancel requests for now.
I use prod credentials for prod and sandbox credentials for sandbox.
The payload I send is exactly the same for prod and sandbox. The difference is bearer token and the endpoint.
I send an emails to api-support@equinix.com.