Jantzen
Community Manager
Community Manager

I am an Equinix customer who has experienced the Expedite Smart Hands service on several occasions. While I appreciate the overall service and response times, I have encountered some challenges related to scheduling and billing that I believe could be improved.

Currently, when a customer raises an Expedite Smart Hands request, the ticket goes to OPS for approval, and the customer is informed that the request will be reviewed within 2-6 hours. However, there have been instances when OPS is unable to accommodate the expedited request, and the only option they have is to ask the customer if an alternative date and time are suitable. In such cases, if the customer agrees to the rescheduled time, they are still charged the extra expedite fee, even though the request was not fulfilled as initially planned.

Additionally, many tickets end up being auto-canceled if the customer doesn't make a decision, leading to frustration and the need to submit a new ticket.

To enhance the customer experience and improve flexibility, I suggest providing OPS with the option to arrange a new time with the customer and "un-tick" the expedite charges on the ticket. This way, the ticket can remain active and transition to a "standard smart hand" with a new commit date that OPS can handle without the need for the customer to resubmit their request.

I believe this improvement would streamline the Expedite Smart Hands process and result in greater customer satisfaction. Thank you for considering my suggestion.

1 Comment
Status changed to: Delivered
Jantzen
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing your concerns and providing valuable feedback on the Expedite Smart Hands service. We appreciate your input, and we're always striving to improve our customer experience.

We are pleased to inform you that we have implemented your suggested feature to enhance the flexibility of the Smart Hands service. A new checkbox has been added to the order form: "Convert to a standard Smart Hands if requested expedite time is not available". This will ensure that your ticket remains active and transitions to a standard Smart Hands request if the expedited time cannot be accommodated and we don't receive a response for the proposed alternative date/time.

Regarding the issue of the Expedite Charge, we are aware of the problem and have a roadmap item planned to address it. Our team is working diligently to develop a solution that will fix the expedite charge issues and further enhance the customer experience.

We appreciate your feedback, as it helps us continually improve our services. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.