Announcements

The Equinix Community will be offline for scheduled maintenance on July 31, 2024. Learn More.

Discussions

Shipping API v2 list issue

Shipping API v2 list issue

API_User
Level 9

Hi, I am using the API to open inbound orders and I received a call today that the Shipping team cannot scan the tracking numbers and associate them to a ticket. It looks like the API is putting the tracking number string into a list instead of a string which is causing this,

['626467467487', '626467467454', '626467467465', '626467467476'].

I have my app posting this in a string format using the catalog on the developer portal. The portal does state that the tracking numbers need to be inside brackets so could that be the reason?

"carrierTrackingNumbers": [
  "DHL930182000"
],

That is the example from the catalog, I believe the brackets are causing the issue here with the Shipping department at the site.

Replies 3 3

API_User
Level 9
Was able to find the fix

API_User
Level 9
Hi there,
Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry that you're facing this issue with Shipments API and i'm glad that it worked for you now.
Did you mean that the API request was successful (i.e 200 OK) and yet had receive a call from us that the shipment label has some issues?
Cheers,
Zac

API_User
Level 9
Thats correct, I did receive the 200 status code but received a call that the tracking numbers on the order were in weird format which. I checked it out and it was in an array. I thought I accounted for the array making my input a string but it did not work apparently. I was able to use a different method to force the tracking numbers as a string and the orders I am creating now are all proper.