Announcements

The Equinix Community will be offline for scheduled maintenance on July 31, 2024. Learn More.

Discussions

How do i obtain a Consumer Key and Consumer Secret?

How do i obtain a Consumer Key and Consumer Secret?

API_User
Level 9

I have read the API spec and it appears I need a username, password, consumer key and consumer secret. Can you tell me how to generate the later please.

Reply 1 1

API_User
Level 9
Hello John,

Thanks for reaching us with your queries and we are glad to assist you here. We are assuming you have a valid login with Equinix Developer portal.

Please find below the steps to generate your consumer key and consumer secret.

1. Login to https://developer.equinix.com
2. From the home page, click on the "My Apps" menu link. This will take you to the My Apps landing page.
3. Click on the "Add a new App" button at the top right corner
4. The list of API products that you have permissions to access will be listed down with a check box against each one
5. Enter a valid app name for the bundle/app that you are going to create in the text box under the "App name" label [Eg: app1_centurylink]
6. Check all those products that you need to bundle into the app that you are going to create and click on the "Create App" button at the bottom right corner.
7. This will create the app and display that in the MY Apps page.
8. To access the app metadata, including the consumer key and consumer secret, click on the app name and then click on to the appropriate tab to see the relevant app metadata.

Please try these steps and do let us know how it goes. Looking forward to hear from you soon!

Thanks,
Developer Platform Support