Announcements

The Equinix Community will be offline for scheduled maintenance on July 31, 2024. Learn More.

Discussions

EQ-2016010 Error With Outbound Shipments

EQ-2016010 Error With Outbound Shipments

API_User
Level 9

I am passing JSON for ordering outbound shipments. The JSON is below but its pretty much that same as my inbound JSON which is fine. The issue I am getting with the outbound order is that I am getting this error:

b'[{"errorCode":"EQ-2016010","errorMessage":"One or more properties are invalid","correlationId":"105073684364570","additionalInfo":[{"property":"details.carrierTrackingNumbers","reason":"details.carrierTrackingNumbers should NOT have more than 1 items","value":["123456789", "987654321"]}]}]'

My JSON:

{
    "type": "OUTBOUND",
    "customerReferenceId": "x",
    "requestedDateTime": "2023-04-12T07:00:00.000Z",
    "cageId": "x",
    "details": {
        "carrier": "FEDEX",
        "numberOfBoxes": 2,
        "declaredValue": 1,
        "declaredValueCurrency": "USD",
        "carrierTrackingNumbers": [
            "123456789",
            "987654321"
        ],
        "shipmentLabelRequired": false
    }
}

Just for reference this is my inbound which is working as expected.

{
    "type": "INBOUND",
    "customerReferenceId": "x",
    "requestedDateTime": "2023-04-12T07:00:00.000Z",
    "cageId": "x",
    "details": {
        "carrier": "FEDEX",
        "numberOfBoxes": 2,
        "carrierTrackingNumbers": [
            "123456789",
            "987654321"
        ],
        "cageDelivery": false
    }
}

Not really sure why I am getting that error, just hoping its something simple. This happens on both the sandbox and in prod.

Replies 3 3

API_User
Level 9
Hi there,
Thanks for writing to Equinix. For outbound shipments, we currently only accept a single tracking number. Can you retry and let me know if it works?

API_User
Level 9
Ok, it works with one tracking number for sure but why does the API only accept a single tracking number while using the Customer Portal accepts multiple tracking numbers? Is there a way that this can be updated? The Shipping departments at the sites I believe cannot scan these tracking numbers if multiple are entered in as a string via the API.

API_User
Level 9
Thanks for the confirmation and feedback.
I will communicate this to our Product team and ensure this get captured in the backlog