Announcements

Cast your vote for the Equinix Community AMA Series! Complete our survey

Discussions

New to Community? Introduce Yourself Here

New to Community? Introduce Yourself Here

Shannon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome! The Equinix Community is up and running, and we are so excited to get to know you! If you haven't introduced yourself to the community, stop by and say hello in this discussion thread. 

Introduceyourself.png

Please tell us a bit about yourself. Here's some questions you may answer to get your juices flowing...feel free to add anything you would like!

• What brings you to the Equinix community?
  • Tell us a little about yourself. What you do, what company do you work for, where are you located?
  • What specifically are you working on at the moment?
  • What Equinix products or solutions do you use? 
  • What Technologies/Languages do you work with?
  • Have you been to any of our Equinix events, meetups, or conferences? If so, which ones? 
  • What’s one way or suggestion to make this Community and Equinix better?
  • What do you do for fun? 

Replies 17 17

Shannon
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'll get this community introduction started 🎉

I’m Shannon and I work on the Equinix Customer Communications team heading up the Community. Currently based near Seattle, Washington, USA. Right now, I'm getting ready to invite beta users into Community! I can't wait to everyone. 

When I'm not working, you can find me traveling, golfing, mountain biking, snowboarding or doing projects around the house. Left Photo: Golfing in Hawaii. Right Photo: Snowboarding at Mammoth Mountain

EMe7FcFU8AYpjWZ.jpegEJCZFMPU4AAODCE.jpeg

J_Shin
Equinix Employee

love the freeride and beautiful carves in the background!

BeckyPeal
Equinix Employee

Hello from Colorado Springs, CO. I am excited to be part of the Customer Community!

I work for Equinix as a Director of Product Communications. I enjoy camping with my family & friends in the beautiful state of Colorado. My husband and I are Wagonmasters for the Colorado Rally for our camper manufacturer - which just means we coordinate and host a big weekend party for about 150+ other camper owners and their families in Granby, Colorado.

I love dogs and we have two rescues that are an important part of our family. Felix (left) and Misty (right) both love camping, long walks, and any kind of treat. I might be biased, but I think they are the cutest!dogs.jpg

I look forward to meeting everyone.

J_Shin
Equinix Employee

after recently losing my furry canine love - i share the appreciation of our lil furry canines family members. ❤️

esharma
Equinix Employee

Greetings from the Bay Area! Excited to join the Customer Community. 

I am part of the Product Operations team at Equinix. Food, traveling, and working out are my biggest passions. I'm an avid CrossFitter and also love exploring hikes in the San Francisco Bay Area (the photo below was taken at a recent hike in Marin)! Looking forward to collaborating with everyone here 🙂

IMG_9225[3].jpg

J_Shin
Equinix Employee

nature is wonderful. beautiful pic!

Simon_Gadd_ESTI
Level 1

ESTI is an active resale and services partner with Equinix

• Tell us a little about yourself. What you do, what company do you work for, where are you located?

I lead the sales function at ESTI Consulting Services.  We work across Western Canada, and I am located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.

I am working on a number of cloud connectivity and WAN optimization opportunities with my clients.

We design solutions using co-location, fabric, and Edge services.  We are looking forward to working more with Metal, particularly the Dell-focuses services as ESTI is a focused Dell partner.

At ESTI, we work with all of the major CPSs, as well as a number of traditional on-premises internet providers.  Personally, I am a GCP Certified Professional Architect.

• Have you been to any of our Equinix events, meetups, or conferences? If so, which ones? 

I wish.

I'm not sure - just getting started!

I hang out at our family cabin at Emma Lake.

Shannon

Great to have you here Simon! You are one of the first here, so we'd love to hear your feedback and ways we can improve community, including special events! 

AU-PM
Level 1

Planning for Network Growth

Solutions Architect, IPA Group, Australia.

Additional Bilateral Peering in Sydney, Australia.

SY1/SY2 Racks, EQX Peering & IP Transit.

Satellite Communications, Carrier Routing & Switching.

Yes 🙂  Equinix Perth AUS Launch party in 2019

Use the Forum to help each other.

Sailing at Fremantle Sailing Club. ll=-32.08,115.71ll=-32.08,115.71