Announcements

The Equinix Community will be offline for scheduled maintenance on July 31, 2024. Learn More.

Discussions

Setting up redundant GCP Connections

Setting up redundant GCP Connections

API_User
Level 9

I'm trying to create a primary and secondary GCP connection. I created a primary connection, however, when I try to create the secondary connection I get the following response:

[
    {
        "errorCode": "EQ-3142303",
        "errorMessage": "Only Primary connection allowed for this CSP",
        "details": "Given service profile does not allowed redundant connection",
        "correlationId": "null-0000-103912200151-api",
        "additionalInfo": [
            {
                "property": "/redundancy/priority"
            }
        ]
    }
]

However, if I get the service profile details via the API:

https://api.equinix.com/fabric/v4/serviceProfiles/{UUID}

in the "metadata" section there is an attribute "redundantProfileId" which lists the profile Id I was using to try and create a redundant connection. Am I misunderstanding this as it seems that since there is a "redundantProfileId" listed that the profile should support redundant connections?

Replies 3 3

API_User
Level 9
Any help on this?

API_User
Level 9
Thank you for reaching out.
Within the Fabric connection creation process, we can create redundant connections to service profiles which requires redundancy. If the profile is not enforcing redundancy, we can expect the error mentioned above.
The current GCP profile setup has caused this confusion. In order to achieve redundancy for GCP connectivity, we are expected to create connections to two separate service profiles, each associated with zone 1 and zone 2. Since an individual service profile independently does not enforce redundancy, we create a connection with `redundancy.priority` as `PRIMARY`. When a connection is created with priority `SECONDARY`, an error is expected.
Regards,
Fabric Development Team

API_User
Level 9
improve security