Announcements

The Equinix Community will be offline for scheduled maintenance on July 31, 2024. Learn More.

Discussions

Filter "portName" on connection list not working

Filter "portName" on connection list not working

API_User
Level 9

Hello, for the endpoint GET https://api.equinix.com/ecx/v3/l2/seller/connections

I use it with the profileId filter and I get back many results. I go from page to page to list the connection I have on one specific port.

I would like to reduce those calls using the filter portName. However the result is always empty :

{
    "isFirstPage": true,
    "isLastPage": true,
    "totalCount": 0,
    "pageSize": 20,
    "content": [],
    "pageNumber": 0
}

Have anyone succeeded in getting this to work ?

Best regards,

Replies 7 7

API_User
Level 9

For the seller api call (Endpoint : GET https://api.equinix.com/ecx/v3/l2/seller/connections ), the "portName" parameter filters the response based on the zsidePortName.

The search is case-sensitive. If you believe you have a valid issue can you pls share the portName.

API_User
Level 9

Hello and thanks for the feedback. 

Here is an example:

• GET /ecx/v3/l2/seller/connections?profileId=9e17ad3e-66bb-459e-9373-5d9c0146512c
    • Returns some connections, example:
    • uuid: 91d0050d-903e-4f5c-881c-cdc7b748707c
    • zSidePortName: OVH-PA3-PA4-ECX_PRI-21365958

If I do:

GET https://api.equinix.com/ecx/v3/l2/seller/connections?portName=OVH-PA3-PA4-ECX_PRI-21365958&profileId...

or

GET /ecx/v3/l2/seller/connections?portName=OVH-PA3-PA4-ECX_PRI-21365958

Then the result is empty

{
    "isFirstPage": true,
    "isLastPage": true,
    "totalCount": 0,
    "pageSize": 20,
    "content": [],
    "pageNumber": 0
}

API_User
Level 9

Hi, this is Equinix developer responding.

I have tried:

/ecx/v3/l2/seller/connections?pageSize=&pageNumber=&profileId=9e17ad3e-66bb-459e-9373-5d9c0146512c

And the response is being populated with correct values in response with field names sellerServiceUUID(profileId) and zSidePortName(portname).

I used the info of user that created the service profile to perform the test, as i don't have your user details.

Please can you create a ticket with Equinix support so we can look into your user detail permissions for viewing the connections.

Thanks.

API_User
Level 9

This is the other URL I tried

/ecx/v3/l2/seller/connections?pageSize=&pageNumber=&portname=OVH-PA3-PA4-ECX_PRI-21365958&profileId=9e17ad3e-66bb-459e-9373-5d9c0146512c

API_User
Level 9

Regarding the portName search not working,

/ecx/v3/l2/seller/connections?pageSize=&pageNumber=&portName=OVH-PA3-PA4-ECX_PRI-21365958

I am looking into it and will respond soon. the earlier URL with portName had a typo, please ignore that.

API_User
Level 9

To confirm, are you the seller (z side) in this scenario? If not, that may be part of the issue. You can try using the /ecx/v3/l2/buyer/connections endpoint and using the buyerPortUUID query parameter - likely a little less error prone than using buyerPortName.

API_User
Level 9
Hello,
Thx for the feedbacks !
Yes i'm the seller in this case.