Announcements

The Equinix Community will be offline for scheduled maintenance on July 31, 2024. Learn More.

Discussions

400 Error with Users_v2 API

400 Error with Users_v2 API

API_User
Level 9
Hello,
Without making any changes to my scripting, I am now getting the following error message when attempting to POST (create a new user) to the Users_v2 API:
{"errors":[{"code":"EQX-212-1208","message":"object instance has properties which are not allowed by the schema: %s","messageParams":[["companyName","contactDetails","firstName","lastName","locale","timezone","username"]]},{"code":"EQX-212-1218","message":"instance type (%s) does not match any allowed primitive type (allowed: %s)","messageParams":["OBJECT",["array"]]}],"ticketId":"220127161517021"}
I am sending all the required parameters as defined in the API definition (https://developer.equinix.com/catalog/usersv2#operation/Create%20a%20user). Can someone help me interpret what this response means and why I am suddenly getting it without any changes on my end? Thank you.
Replies 5 5

API_User
Level 9
Are you able to share the JSON payload you are sending (redacting any sensitive information)?

API_User
Level 9
Sure.

{'username': 'insert_username_here', 'firstName': 'insert_first_name_here', 'lastName': 'insert_last_name_here', 'contactDetails': [{'type': 'PHONE', 'value': '+1-5555555555'}, {'type': 'EMAIL', 'value': 'email@domain.com'}], 'companyName': 'insert_company_name_here', 'timezone': 'America/New_York', 'locale': 'EN_US'}

API_User
Level 9
Hello,
Can any update or status be provided? I am still getting the same error when attempting to make a POST call the Users_v2 API

API_User
Level 9
Hi there,
We have fixed this issue, thanks for highlighting this

Cheers

API_User
Level 9
Hi there,
We have fixed this issue, thanks for highlighting this

Cheers