Announcements

The Equinix Community will be offline for scheduled maintenance on July 31, 2024. Learn More.

Discussions

How is usage billing calculated for Equinix Connect?

Jantzen
Community Manager
Community Manager

Replies 4 4

Jantzen
Community Manager
Community Manager

Equinix samples bandwidth usage every 5 minutes, collecting a total of 8,640 samples per month. At the end of each month, these samples are aggregated and ranked from highest to lowest Mbps.

The top 5% of samples (that is, the highest 432 samples) are excluded from charges. This sample set is referred to as the 95th percentile for traffic measurements.

rothbard
Level 1

Hi @Jantzen. I recently downloaded a traffic report via ECP which contains 9216 samples (32 days). Why is this? Also, how do you account for the fact that not all months have 30 days?

Jantzen
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rothbard - I chatted with a few folks internally and we couldn't replicate the issue on our side. If you want to send me a private message or contact support with your organization name, metro, and which month you downloaded, we can try and replicate within your account.

I believe regardless of the number of days, the original explanation is correct. Equinix samples bandwidth usage every 5 minutes. The top 5% of samples are excluded from charges. 

Jantzen
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great questions. Let me dig a bit deeper and see what I can find out.