Event banner

AWS User Group Warsaw

Thursday, Oct 17, 2024, 09:00 AM PDT
In-Person

Event details

We invite you to the next AWS User Group Warsaw meetup, during which, as always, we will share knowledge about the latest trends and practices in cloud computing using Amazon Web Services (AWS). Register to attend here! 

🟢 WHEN: 17.10.2024, 18:00
🟢 WHERE: Equinix - plac Europejski 1, 00-839 Warszawa, 9th floor

Agenda

Karolina Boboli - "Three Levels of Cloud Costs Awareness"

What you don’t measure, you can’t control - building the cloud expenditure awareness is essential to successful cloud cost management. It starts with simple budgeting and alerting, then cost reporting – up to using sophisticated KPIs. Based on my experience, I will share practical tips & tricks, and ideas on how to increase cost awareness and avoid common cost traps. As the AWS cloud community in Poland is more and more mature and as I am very curious about how cloud cost management works in your organizations and projects, we will enhance the session with a short thought exchange, and finish with questions and answers.

Wojtek Gawroński - "Let's Talk about Valkey on AWS"

Valkey, an open source fork of Redis, is a high-performance in-memory data store supporting diverse data structures. AWS supports Valkey's long-term growth by integrating it into managed services like ElastiCache and MemoryDB, ensuring seamless compatibility and world-class operational support. AWS engineers actively contribute to Valkey's development, focusing on security, new features, and innovation. With a strong community and corporate backing, Valkey thrives under an open governance model at The Linux Foundation, attracting diverse contributors and fostering faster innovation. This talk explores Valkey's internals, the importance of open source collaboration, and AWS's commitment to its success.

mstachowiak
Published 8 hours ago
No CommentsBe the first to comment
Equinix - plac Europejski 1, 00-839 Warszawa, 9th floor
Date and Time
Oct 17, 20249:00 AM - 12:00 PM PDT