Announcements

Cast your vote for the Equinix Community AMA Series! Complete our survey

Discussions

Upgrade from Standard Connection Package to Unlimited Connection Package

Jantzen
Community Manager
Community Manager

Do I need to order a new Fabric port in order to upgrade my existing Standard Connection Package to the Unlimited Connection Package or can my existing port be upgraded?

Reply 1 1

Jantzen
Community Manager
Community Manager

There is no need to order a new port if you are simply upgrading from standard to unlimited. Your existing port can be upgraded to the Unlimited Connection Package by submitting a move, add, change, delete (MACD) request.

Here is some additional information:

When should you order a new Fabric port vs. submitting a MACD?

New Fabric port(s) are required in three cases:

1. When you want to change the physical port speed from one speed to another. E.g., You have a 1Gbps physical connection and want to move to a 10Gbps physical connection.
  2. When you want to add a new port to an existing LAG (Link Aggregation Group).
  3. When you want to add ports to an existing LAG or create a new LAG altogether, but there is not enough physical capacity on your existing Fabric node, you will need to order all new ports. This includes ordering and replacing your existing port(s).

MACDs: Customers wishing to upgrade or downgrade between the Standard Connection Package and the Unlimited Connection Package do not need to install new ports and can request the change without impact on their existing service via a MACD.

For more information on the MACD process, refer to Upgrade an Equinix Fabric Port on the Equinix Fabric Documentation site.